Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Need a Car

Okay, I promised myself I wasn't going to post this, but......
I need some help.

I currently own and drive a 2004 SUV that I like very much, however, it 
only gets about 15-17 mpg city and about 25 hwy.

With the cost of fuel (regular unleaded) continuing to rise, I need to 
consider something I don't have to get a credit approval on before filling up.

Herein lies the rub, I can only afford $10K to $12K without taking 
out a loan (not going to happen).  I would like to have something a little sporty
(like me...that makes me look younger and takes the wrinkles out...lol).

Seriously though, I have been looking online through alot of different makes and models.
What I am realizing is that I likely will not be getting anything newer and 
most older models (pre 2000) do not get better mileage.

I am open for suggestions, keeping in mind the following criteria:
models I really like - Nissan 350Z, VW Beetle, even the Toyota Yaris is ok.
Prefer a coupe, hatchback or 2+2, would like sunroof or T-top over convertible, 
hardtop ok though.  Something that maintenance is not going to break me, 
but I wouldn't be embarrassed to drive.  Vanity is a "--tch". 

No black or red!  Silver, grey, anthracite, white (basically bland).

If anyone out there has a 350Z, can you please tell what kind of "real" mileage you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment